Punjab JET Application Form 2022 – Punjab jet or joint entrance test is the exam conducted by the Punjab state board of technical education and industrial training (PSBTE & IT) for admissions of various candidates in various diploma courses offered by a number of institutions in Punjab. It is a state-level test and the admission of the candidate is based on the marks secured by them in matriculation. Selected candidates will get admission to various government and private polytechnic institutions in Punjab. There will be no separate entrance test for admission to various diploma courses. The candidate can take admission in full-time or part-time courses in the engineering and non-engineering fields.
PUNJAB JET 2022 APPLICATION NOTIFICATION-
The Punjab joint entrance test notification has been released online on its portal. The candidates who are eligible for entrance can fill out the registration form online mode. The candidates can apply online through the official website – www.punjabteched.com or www.punjabteched.net
The interested and eligible candidates can find out various information regarding Punjab jet below.
HOW TO FILL PUNJAB JET APPLICATION FORM 2022-
Here are the steps that need to be followed for filling the Punjab joint entrance test application form to get the application no./ enrollment no.-
- Candidates should make sure that they have filled in all the details, fields and entries correctly as any variation in the information can cause rejection of their candidature.
- Select the JET 2022 examination district and then choose the examination centre carefully.
- After filling in all the details carefully, submit the application form.
- Candidates should make sure that their application form should be printed in an A4 size sheet and should also consist of a bar code.
- Candidates are not allowed to any cutting or rectifying on the printed application form. If any kind of error is found in their form then the candidates are allowed to fill a new application form generating a new application number or enrollment number.
- After the application form is printed, the candidates are now needed to paste their recent passport size photograph on the space provided for it. The photograph neither should be pinned or stapled nor should be attested by the candidate.
- There is an application fee of Rs.550/- that is to be filled through online mode by given transactions gateways like debit cards, credit cards, net banking etc.
- Candidates must fill out their application form before the second week of July 2022. Application forms would not be accepted after this date.
- A candidate is allowed to fill out only one application form. Filing up of multiple application forms can lead to disqualification of their candidature.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PUNJAB JET APPLICATION FORM-
Before filling up the jet application form, the candidates must check whether they are eligible for this or not. Following are the eligibility criteria for the same-
|NATIONALITY||only Indian citizens are eligible for applying in the Punjab joint eligibility test|
|AGE BARRIER||There is no barrier setup for age|
|EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS||Candidates who have passed matriculation or equivalent with mathematics and science comprising physics, chemistry and biology from a recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply for this test.|
|MINIMUM MARKS REQUIRED||The candidates who possess a minimum of 35% marks can only apply for this joint entrance test.|
|DOMICILE||Those candidates holding a valid domicile certificate of the Punjab government are only eligible to apply for the Punjab jet.|
IMPORTANT DATES AND EVENTS REGARDING PUNJAB JOINT ENTRANCE TEST-
Candidates can go through the important events and tentative dates below for the Punjab jet application form-
|Starting date of online registration||June 2022 second week|
|Closing date of online registration||July 2022 second week|
|Releasing of Merit list||July 2022 third week|
|The first round of counselling choice filling||July 2022 third week|
|Result of seat allotment||July 2022 fourth week|
|Date of fee payment and reporting at allotted institutions||August 2022 first week|
|The second round of counselling choice filling||August 2022 second week|
|Declaration of the final result||August 2022 third week|
|Date of fee payment and reporting at allotted institutions||August 2022 fourth week|
EXAM PATTERN AND SYLLABUS FOR PUNJAB JOINT ENTRANCE TEST-
Before appearing for the joint entrance test, a candidate must be aware of the exam patterns and syllabus regarding the exam. The exam will be based on questions related to physics, chemistry, mathematics, English, general awareness and aptitude. A candidate must possess thorough knowledge to clear this exam.
- The question paper will consist of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- The exam will be in offline mode and the candidates have to answer the questions on an OMR sheet.
- There will be no negative marking for any wrong answers marked by the candidates.
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS|
|GENERAL AWARENESS AND APTITUDE||40||40|
|TOTAL||200 QUESTIONS||200 MARKS|
ADMISSION IN PUNJAB JET 2022-
Only eligible candidates are allowed admission in Punjab joint entrance test. The admission procedure is followed by various rounds. Only eligible candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their marks for the admission procedure. The seats are also allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit. The candidates with the highest merit get preference at the time of allotment of seats. Students are required to bring all the relevant original documents at the time of admission. After the allotment of the seats, candidates are required to report at the allotted centres with the following documents-
- Qualifying score card of the candidate.
- Character certificate from the previous institution.
- The matriculation mark sheet and pass certificate show the date of birth of the candidate.
- Domicile certificate of that respective state.
- Certificate claiming the reserved category.
- Identity proof of the candidate.
- Candidates’ medical certificate.
- Admit card of the candidate.
- And lastly, the passport size photograph of the candidate.
RESERVATION OF SEATS IN PUNJAB JET-
As per the government policy made by the Punjab government and Chandigarh administration for the reservation of seats in the Punjab joint entrance test, the allocation of the reserved seats will be done on the following basis-
|CANDIDATES CATEGORY||% OF SEATS TO BE RESERVED|
|SCHEDULED CLASS AND SCHEDULED TRIBES||25%|
|OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES (OBCs)||5%|
|BORDER AREAS/ BACKWARD AREAS (2% EACH)||4%|
|CHILDREN/ GRAND CHILDREN OF FREEDOM FIGHTERS||1%|
Hence, all the important information regarding the Punjab JET Application Form 2022 is mentioned above. Kindly check all the updates carefully.