NHPC Trainee Engineer/Officer Recruitment 2023: The National Hydroelectric Power Corporation has released a notification for the recruitment of 401 Trainee Engineers and officers. The NHPC has offered six different posts for the trainees. According to the eligibility of the NHPC recruitment, the candidates can start applying for the appropriate posts. Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria and other useful information about the recruitment in the given article.
The commencement of application form started on 5th January 2023 and the last date for applying for recruitment is 25th January 2023. The applicants can download the NHPC Trainee Recruitment notification from the official website or it is also provided at the end of the following article.
NHPC Trainee Engineer/Officer Recruitment 2023
The candidates will be selected on a merit basis from their scoreboard on the UGC NET December 2021 and June 2022 or CLAT 2022 or GATE 2022. The selected candidates will be trained for one year and then they will be absorbed permanently as the engineer and officer for the same post. Approximately Rs15 lakh annual emoluments will be provided to the new trainee.
|Name of the organisation||National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)|
|Name of the post||Trainee Engineer|
|Number of vacancies||401|
|Minimum Eligibility||Bachelor and have a valid CLAT, GATE NET scorecard|
|Pay Scale||Rs 50,000 to 1,60,000|
|Placement||All over India|
|Article Category||Engineering trainee Job|
|Commence of online application||5 January 2023|
|last date of the application form||25 January 2023|
NHPC Trainee Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for NHPC recruitment, the applicant must check the eligibility criteria provided in the NHPC Trainee Recruitment notification. The right information will help the candidate fulfil the requirements of the post. Here we have segregated the eligibility criteria to make it simple for the understanding of the candidate.
- Candidates should be citizens of India.
- According to the posts, candidates should have appeared in CLAT 2022 or Gate 2022 or UGC NET December 2021 and June 2022. It is mandatory to have a scorecard for the given year.
Educational Qualification for NHPC recruitment
- Trainee Engineer (Civil): B.tech or B.Sc in Civil discipline from a recognised Indian university or AMIE with minimum 60% marks.
- Trainee Engineer ( Electrical): B.Tech or B.Sc in Electrical discipline from an institute approved by AICTE or AMIE with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Trainee Engineer (Mechanical): B.tech or B.Sc in Mechanical discipline from a recognised Indian university or AMIE with minimum 60% marks.
- Trainee Engineer (Finance): Passed graduate with a CA from the institute of CAI/ ICAW or CMA from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Trainee Engineer (HR): Post Graduate Degree with specialization in Human resources and other related programs or Post Graduate Diploma in Social work with a specialization in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations or Master’s in Human Resource and Organizational Development or MBA in Human Resources as a major subject with minimum 60% marks.
- Trainee Engineer (Law): Bachelor’s Degree in law or five years integrated program with a minimum of 60% marks.
The maximum age of the candidate as of 25 January 2023 should be 30 years whereas upper age limit relaxation is provided by the authority to the different categories. This age relaxation is provided in the table shown below:
|Category||Upper Age limit|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer)||03|
|PwBD- OBC (Non-creamy layer)||13|
|Jammu and Kashmir||05|
NHPC Trainee Recruitment Vacancy Details
The number of vacancies for Trainee Engineers and officials is 401. These vacancies are divided into categories and this division is shown in the table given below.
|Post / Category||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR|
|Trainee Engineer (Civil)||20||10||36||13||57|
|Trainee Engineer ( Electrical)||05||03||10||03||20|
|Trainee Engineer (Mechanical)||16||08||29||10||45|
|Trainee Engineer (Finance)||12||07||28||09||41|
|Trainee Engineer (HR)||01||–||02||01||10|
|Trainee Engineer (Law)||–||–||–||–||03|
In Trainee Engineer (Finance), there is a backlog of two vacancies in the ST category and 16 vacancies are reserved for Persons with Benchmarks Disabilities (PwBD). This reservation is provided under the Government guidelines and is horizontal in nature.
Apply Online for NHPC Trainer Officer/Engineer Recruitment 2023
The candidates who are eligible for the NHPC Trainer Officer/Engineer recruitment drive can start applying for the appropriate posts. While applying for the NHPC 2023 recruitment candidates need to have all the documents to upload in the application form and then start applying for the post.
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
- High school certificate.
- Class 10th, 12th, Graduation and Post Graduation Degree mark sheets.
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate for PwBD candidates
- Copy of the scorecard of the CLAT 2022 or Gate 2022 or UGC NET December 2021 and June 2022.
The following steps will help the candidate apply for the vacancies.
- Visit the official website of the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation: http://www.nhpcindia.com/
- On the home page, click on the “Careers” section.
- Below the notification of the NHPC trainee recruitment click on the online application.
- A page will appear on your screen, again click on the online application.
- The internal candidates need to fill in the employment number and then start applying whereas the External can directly start clicking on the application button.
- Now, fill out the NHPC application form with the correct details.
- Upload all the documents required by the application.
- At last deposit the prescribed application fee for the recruitment.
- Now check the application form to correct the mistakes as candidates can’t do any modifications to the application after submitting the form.
- After completing all the procedures of filling out the trainee engineer/officer recruitment form, submit the application form.
- Save the NHPC application form in the form of a hard copy for future reference.
NHPC Trainee Recruitment Application Fee
Candidates belonging to the General, OBC and EWS categories are required to deposit Rs 295 as the registration fee whereas the candidates belonging to the SC, ST, PwBD and Ex-serviceman candidates need not deposit any registration fee. Candidates should check the eligibility of the vacancies and fill out the application form correctly as the fee is not refundable in any circumstances.
|Submit Application Form Here||NHPC Trainee Engineer/Officer application link|
|Download Official Notification||NHPC Trainee Engineer/Officer Recruitment notification pdf|
|Check here||PUONLINE Home page|
What is the selection process for the NHPC recruitment 2023?
The candidates will be shortlisted from their scorecard in the CLAT 2022 or Gate 2022 or UGC NET December 2021 and June 2022 and thereafter they will be provisionally selected.
What is the time period of training after selection in the NHPC 2023 recruitment?
The training period of the selected candidates is one year.
Can final year appearing students apply for the trainee engineer and officials NHPC recruitment?
No, the final year appearing students are not eligible for this recruitment.