E-Shram Card Online Apply 2023: In August 2021, the government of India released the portal named E-Shram portal in which the worker of the unorganized sector can avail of benefits of various government Social welfare schemes in a single platform. This scheme creates centralised data on the workers working in the informal sector. In the given article we have provided the definition of the word “Unorganised worker” according to our government.
E-Shram is a central government-organised portal in which unorganised workers can register in the E-Shram card online portal. In the E-Shram Card online application, the applicant needs to register himself. The procedure to register for the E-Shram card and other related information is provided in the article. This article is very important for the workers of the unorganized sector. They must read the article and register themselves in the E-Shram card portal for the Social welfare scheme benefits.
E Shram Card Online Apply 2023
The unorganised workers registering for the Shramik yojana will receive a 12-digit UAN number. this number will be used by the worker in opening his E-Shram registered account. After registration, the worker does not need to register himself in any social welfare scheme. All the Government social welfare schemes will be available in the portal. The outline of the Shramik portal is provided below.
|Name of the Scheme||E-Sharm Card or Shramik Card|
|Name of the Department||Ministry of Labour and Employment|
|Inaugurated by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Benefits of the Scheme||Provides pension after the age of 60 years|
|Documents required||Aadhar card number and bank details|
Also Check: Saksham scholarship Program For Drivers’ Children
Shramik Card Eligibility
The applicants applying for the E-Shram card must check their eligibility. Only after checking their eligibility, they should apply and make use of the benefits of government schemes provided under the E-Shram card. The list of eligibility is tabulated in the points given below.
- The E-Shram card applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The age of the Shramik card applicant should be between 16 and 59 years (28 January 1963 to 27 January 2007).
- The applicant shouldn’t come under the ambit of tax-paying income.
- The applicant should not be a member of the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) or Employees State Insurance Corporation Scheme (ESIC) or National Pension Scheme (NPS).
- The applicant must be self-employment or home-based or an unorganized sector worker.
Unorganised workers: Any individual who is a part of a construction worker, self-employed worker, platform worker, agriculture, domestic worker, migrant worker etc. is called an unorganized worker. A person who is not part of EPFO or ESIC or NPO is also part of an unorganised working system.
Also check: 2023 Calendar with Holidays in India
इ- श्रम कार्ड Registration Process
The eligible workers can register themselves in the E-Shram Portal. Before the registration process, candidates need to have the details which are asked for filling out the registration form. The list of the details that an informal sector worker should have is given below.
- Aadhar number
- Bank details with the IFSC number
- Aadhar’s active mobile number
The process for registration in the E-Shram portal is free. The applicant having all the above details can start filling out the application form. The procedure for online E- Shram card registration is given in the following steps.
- Navigate to the official website of the e-Shram official website: https://eshram.gov.in/
- On the e-Shram home page, click on the registration section.
- A registration page will appear on the screen fill out the required detail.
- After filling out the details, click on the “Send OTP” button.
- The applicant will receive the OTP from the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Enter the given OTP of the E-Shram card and the Aadhar card number.
- The e-Sharmik registration form will appear on the E-Shram website screen. Fill out the E-Shram card registration form with the accurate details.
- Upload all the required documents.
- After completing all the procedures, check the provided details and the documents.
- At last, submit the e-Sharm registration form.
- Print the Shramik card registration form for future reference.
If a candidate faces any problem or there are any queries related to the E-Shram card then that person can call on the helpline number 11434.
Also Check: Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme 2023 in AP
Benefits of Shramik cards
The E-Shram portal provides many benefits not only to the workers but also to our government. The points given below show the benefits of the E-Shram portal.
- E-Shram creates a centralized database of unorganized workers with aadhar card numbers. This database helps the government in formulating schemes and uplifting these workers in various ways.
- Social insurance schemes can be implemented easily for the informal sector.
- The data can be shared with various central and state ministries for the delivery of SSW schemes.
- E-Shram database can be used in pandemic-like situations like the China Virus to read our large population.
- It also helps migrant workers to get assistance from government schemes.
E-Shram Payment Status Checking Process
The registered workers of the E-Shram portal are provided financial assistance on a monthly basis from the various government social welfare schemes. The registered workers can also check the payment update of their Shramik card. The procedure to check the payment update of the Shramik card is provided below.
- Browse the official website of the E-Shram portal: https://eshram.gov.in/
- In the registration section, click on “Update”.
- On the login page, enter your UAN number and date of birth.
- Submit the given details.
- A new page will appear on your screen in which your E-Shram payment details will be provided.
- You can also print the payment details.
Social Security Welfare Schemes
There are many social welfare schemes which are provided under the E-Shram portal and beneficiaries can easily avail of their benefits. The list of a few schemes provided under the E-Shram portal is given below with their explanation.
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) (OLD Age Protection):
- It is a voluntary and self-contributory pension scheme.
- The person should have an income of not less than Rs 1500.
- The beneficiary has to deposit monthly Rs 55 to Rs 200.
- After the age of sixty, the person will be provided with a pension of Rs 3000 monthly.
- National Pension Scheme for Traders and The Self-Employed Person (NPS):
- The beneficiary has to deposit monthly Rs 55 to Rs 200.
- After the age of sixty, the person availing of benefits will be provided with a pension of Rs 3000 monthly.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana ( PMJJBY):
- The person has to deposit Rs 436 as the premium amount.
- Rs Two lakhs will be given after the death of a person.
- Pradhan Mantri Surkasha Bima Yojana (PMSBY):
- The applicant has to deposit the premium of Rs 20.
- Rs 2 lakh will be provided for the accidental cause whereas Rs 1 lakh for the partial disability.
- Atal Pension Yojana:
- Under the scheme, the beneficiary will be provided Rs 1000 to Rs 5000. The sum of money will also be provided after the death of the person.
- Public Distribution Scheme (PDS)
- Families which are below the poverty line will be eligible for the PDS.
- If a family does not have a member between the age of 15 and 59 years can avail of the benefits of the PDS.
- Casual labour is also eligible under the program.
- Families below the poverty line will be provided 35 kg of rice or wheat whereas families above the poverty line will be provided 15 kg of rice and wheat.
- Under the ONORC, migrant workers can also get a ration in any working place.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana -Gramin (PMAY-G)
- This scheme provides assistance of Rs 1.2 lakh in the plain areas and Rs 1.3 lakh for the hilly area.
E Shram Card 2023: Important link
|Registration link||E Shram Card portal|
|Check here||PUONLINE Home Page|
How much pension will be provided to E-Shram card holders?
The E-Shram cardholder will be provided Rs 3000 after the age of 60.
Is there any fee for registration in the Shramik portal?
No, the fee for registration in the Shramik portal is nil.
Are there any income criteria while registering for the E-Shram card
No, there are no such criteria provided in the E-Shram card registration. The applicant only needs to fulfil the eligibility provided in the article.